Welcome to Dennis Group
We know there's a lot to take in and try to remember during your first weeks at DG. That's why we hosted all the information you'll need for a smooth and successful introduction to Dennis Group right here. Bookmark this page and feel free to come back whenever you need a refresher or to check for updates.
Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you on the team.
Everything you need to get done in Week 1.
- Read DG Site Safety Manual (8 hours)
- Complete acknowledgement form (< 1 hour)
Every DG employee is responsible for safety – both onsite and in the office. Once you've read and understood the Job Site Safety Manual, complete the acknowledgment form on page 107, sign it, and return it to Todd Miller.
Depending on your discipline, you may receive specific training assignments from the safety team. You are responsible for completing any additional training in a timely manner.
- Complete your DG resume (1 hour)
If you are in a technical or client support role (excludes accounting, human resources, interns, offices managers, business development, and marketing), use this template to complete your DG resume. [Example]
- Add your first and last names and job title in the upper left-hand corner.
- In the right-hand sidebar, add:
- Time with the company (in years)
- Education: Academic degrees and institution (e.g. S., Electrical Engineering, Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA)
- Certifications: Any professional certifications, accreditations, or licenses you hold
- Affiliations: Professional organizations to which you belong
- Strengths: Your specialty (e.g. Process Design, Materials Handling & Packaging, etc.)
If you have not had an employee photo taken, please send a recent, professional-looking headshot (no obvious selfies or photos from family events) to Marketing for use.
- Below your name and title, write a brief narrative highlighting the year you joined Dennis Group, prior roles, accomplishments, and industry experience to date.
- If you are a recent college graduate, highlight pertinent studies/activities as well as the core duties of your position. You will update this section to include work experience throughout your time at DG.
- Project References
- List client name and location for your major projects (e.g. Frito-Lay | Frankfort, IN)
NOTE: This section is intended for your Dennis Group project experience only. If you are uncertain if you should include previous experience, please contact Marketing.
- If you are a recent college graduate, list any relevant internship experience. If not, leave this section blank for now.
Resumes should be kept to one page in length. Send your finished resume to Marketing for review. Please keep your resume current. Update and save your resume on the Global Drive here. Marketing will request updates to your resume each February.
Sanitary Design Seminar
Because we specialize in food processing plants where any contaminants or germs can wreak major havoc for our clients and their customers, we believe a fundamental understanding of sanitary design is critical for all DG employees.
- Complete your Cornerstone profile (1-2 hours)
Log in to Cornerstone and hover over the home button. Select Universal Profile and then select Resume. To add information your profile click the "next" to each section.
Please include all professional license information, prior experience in the food and beverage industry, and any languages you speak.
- Complete initial training sessions (< 1 hour)
You will receive an email from Ninjio with several short training sessions to complete.
Ninjio will send additional training sessions each month during your time with Dennis Group. Completing all the Security Awareness Training is mandatory.
Ethics and Harassment Training
- Complete Ethics Training Module (< 1 hour)
- Complete Sexual Harassment Training Module (< 1 hour)
- Notify HR (< 1 hour)
Dennis Group has contracted Quality Media Resources (QMR) to host an online ethics training module which all employees are required to complete. The module consists of a twenty-five-minute video followed by a 10 question test. Employees must view the video and complete the test and attain a score of 70% or better. After successfully completing the test, you will be prompted to view and print your completion certificate.
You are allowed six logins. Each time you log in you will be asked if you want to start over or continue from where you left off. If you exceed six logins, contact Human Resources to have your account reset.
Once at the site, you will be asked to register. Follow the instructions and create a username and password. Once logged in, you will be presented with the training module"Compliance is Just the Beginning – 3 Steps to Ethical Decisions." View the video in “High-Speed Broadband” mode, complete the test, and print your certificate. If you experience technical problems please contact IT. If you have questions about the program itself, contact Jane Moser at Moser@dennisgroup.com .
Dennis Group also requires all employees participate in an online harassment training session: Preventing Sexual Harassment. Use the link above to get started and click on ‘PATTERNS, Preventing Sexual Harassment – Interactive’ to begin your training.
Once you have completed these modules, notify HR with an email containing“Ethics & Harassment Trainings Complete” in the subject line.
Boring but important.
Dennis Group business hours run from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. You are generally expected to be in the office during these hours unless you are in the field.
We will occasionally make temporary accommodations for circumstances that require some flexibility. If you need such an accommodation, please discuss it with your supervisor in advance. Any request to temporarily adjust your schedule or to work remotely must be approved by your direct supervisor and human resources.
Human Resources (AskHR@dennisgroup.com):
- Questions on benefits such as medical, dental, flex accounts, 401(k), payroll, as well as CheckWriters and PlanSource portals.
- Suggestions on how to make Dennis Group a better place to work!
- Note: questions and concerns about harassment or discrimination in the workplace should be directed to Jane Moser at Moser@dennisgroup.com.
Accounting – Iwona Ruszczyk (Ruszczyk@dennisgroup.com)
- Expense report questions
- Timesheet questions
- Computer/Software problems and/or inquiries
- All Computer/peripheral equipment/purchases
- Todd Miller (email@example.com)
- Questions on resumes, logo usage, or tradeshows
Compass is a dedicated team of Health Pro consultants to help those employees covered under Dennis Group’s medical plans (dental excluded), navigate your health benefits. Healthcare plans, including Health Savings Account (HSA) plans, can be complicated, but you now have a dedicated team of consultants on your side. Compass’ dedicated team of Health Pro consultants offer unbiased guidance to ensure we are all getting the most out of our healthcare plans. Our dedicated Health Pro, Katherine Harris, is a great resource to answer any questions and steer you in the right direction.
Compass’ services include:
- Explanation of plan benefits
- Help with finding a provider
- Researching and resolving billing/deductible issues
- Shop out needed services to save you money and make sure you not overpaying for; imaging, elective surgery, colonoscopy, prescriptions, etc.
- Schedule your appointments
Compass is available at no cost to you and your family members.
Katherine sends periodic emails on the services Compass offers, to help you be a savvy healthcare consumer. You may reach out to Katherine, via email or phone for assistance:
(Compass office hours are 8 am – 8 pm CST)
We encourage everyone to take full advantage of this great benefit!
Payroll is semi-monthly and paid on the 15th and 30th of each month or the closest workday preceding. The 2019 payroll calendar can be found here. Your first paycheck will vary in amount depending on your start date.
We use CheckWriters for payroll services and to securely maintain key demographic information. During your first week, you will receive an email from Admin@checkwriters.com with instructions on how to log in. Initially, you will log in with your social security number and the provided temporary password. You will then be prompted to change your username to your email address and select a new password. Contact Human Resources for password assistance.
Additionally, CheckWriters is where you will set up and update your address, dependent info, emergency contacts, and direct deposits profiles. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date in CheckWriters.
See the Payroll & Timesheets section of the intranet includes additional information.
You are required to maintain your travel/location/vacation schedule on the intranet each week. Visit the SharePoint homepage and scroll down to Employee Whereabouts to enter your general whereabouts if you will not be working from your primary office location. For example, enter a client name, job number, geographical location, or reason for absence such as travel, sick time, or vacation. Do not enter anything if you are working from your primary office. We use this calendar to coordinate schedules and find people that are on site. Tom Dennis uses Employee Whereabouts – so should you!
You also need to maintain your Outlook calendar and post an out-of-office response if you will be away from the office and not frequently checking messages.
Certify and Expense Reports
Our expense report guidelines live in the Travel & Expense Report section of our intranet, along with other important travel and expense report information. These guidelines include our travel policy and corporate car rental account information.
Certify: Web-based expense report submission and processing.
- Complete the tutorial at certify.com/training.aspx.
- Certify will send an email with a temporary password. Your username is your Dennis Group email address.
- Expense reports submitted by Tuesday 5 pm will be processed by that same Friday with electronic payment to a bank account of your choice by the next business day. Any expense reports received after Tuesday will be processed the following week.
- Send any questions about Certify or expenses to Iwona Ruszcyk in Accounting.
We rounded up the most useful so you don't have to.
It is the responsibility of every Dennis Group employee to familiarize him or herself with our Personal Conduct Policies and making every effort to comply and comport accordingly. You must acknowledge that you have received and reviewed these policies as part of your onboarding process in CheckWriters. The policies are maintained under Forms & Documents and People & Management sites on the intranet.
- DG Code of Professional Conduct
Dennis Group’s Code of Professional Conduct is a guideline to govern the conduct and quality of our work as well as our relationships with our colleagues, customers, and others and applies to everyone at Dennis Group.
- DG Anti-Discrimination, Harassment and Sexual Harassment Policy
- It’s our goal to promote a non-threatening workplace that’s free of discrimination and harassment of any nature, including sexual harassment. Should you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact Jane Moser at Moser@dennisgroup.com.
- Dennis Group also requires all employees participate in an online harassment training session: Preventing Sexual Harassment. Please click here to register and, once enrolled, click on ‘PATTERNS, Preventing Sexual Harassment – Interactive’ to being your training.
- DG Anti-Corruption and FCPA Policy
Dennis Group is committed to conducting its business ethically and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other laws that prohibit improper payments to obtain a business advantage. This Policy sets forth our expectations in this area.
Take a moment to familiarize yourself with our Timesheet Policy & Guidelines.
Setting you up in the system may take a few days so please be patient if you are not able to log in on day one. In the interim, record your time using the timesheet master excel file.
- Our week concludes each Friday and begins each Saturday. When selecting the week you are going to enter time for, choose the Saturday before as your start date.
- Remember to book your time in whole hours to all job codes by week’s end (1/2 hours are allowable per day, but the week’s totals must be whole hours by project)
PTO: Open Vacation, Sick Time, Bereavement
We understand the challenges of our work and the related demands on you and your family. As such we have elected to adopt an open vacation policy. The objective of this policy is to provide you with the flexibility to best manage your personal time away from work and promote a healthy work-life balance. The success of the policy is based on solid communication and mutual trust. Please review our Open Vacation Policy carefully and understand your responsibilities.
We all get sick and, because most medical professionals maintain the same hours as us, we recognize that you will occasionally need to schedule an appointment during work hours. The following are a few simple guidelines for using sick time:
- Use sick time:
- If you are sick; we want you well and not sharing your germs with everyone else.
- To attend medical/dental appointments.
- You may be asked to provide a doctor’s note verifying your medical condition.
- As with any absence, at a minimum please notify your supervisor and/or office administrator if you will not be able to make it work.
- For any general questions, additional details, or information about extended absences due to a medical condition, i.e. absences greater than seven days, please send a message to AskHR@dennisgroup.com.
- Earn 1 hour of sick time for every 30 hours worked;
- Earn and use up to 48 hours per year; and
- Begin earning sick time on your first day of work and gain eligibility to use sick time 90 days after your first day.
- We offer three days of paid bereavement time following the passing of immediate family members and domestic partners.
Anything that you want to purchase that is not a normal office supply expenditure must be approved beforehand. All regular office supplies can be requested through your office coordinator.
- The Pre-Authorization Reimbursement Form should be completed and emailed in PDF format to your immediate supervisor. Include on this form items such as professional memberships, subscriptions, tuition, training, and licensing.
- Computer software, supplies, and equipment should not be purchased by employees. Please first discuss your requirements with your manager and then put a request into our IT Administrator at Helpdesk@dennisgroup.com.
Some details you might not be familiar with.
Healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision
Dennis Group offers three health insurance options through Cigna Health Care:
- Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus (Deductible: $2,000/$4,000)
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus (Deductible: $2,250/$4,500)
Full-time employees may enroll in medical as of their date of hire, upon a qualifying event, or during our open enrollment period.
Dennis Group covers 100% of the premiums for employee dental insurance. Find a summary of our dental benefits here.
Company plans include vision coverage. Click here for details on our Standard PPO Exam Only Plan.
Dennis Group provides employees the option to defer a portion of their salary to a traditional or ROTH 401(k) plan. Employees may begin salary deferred contributions on the first day of the month following their date of hire.
The company also offers a discretionary year-end employer contribution. The discretionary contribution will be made regardless of whether an employee contributes individually. Plan regulations allow the employer contributions to an employee’s accounts beginning in the year following a full calendar year of employment so long as the employee has worked a minimum of
1,000 hours. Employer contributions are traditionally made in March for the year prior.
Our greatest asset is our employees, and we want to ensure our staff has access to everything they need to innovate and develop. Dennis Group offers 100% reimbursement for tuition and fees related to the pursuit of related degrees, along with fees for approved professional development courses, seminars, and conferences.
The quest for knowledge is not a destination, but a lifelong journey. We encourage our team members to ask questions, challenge the status-quo, and take calculated risks every day. We promote lunch and learns, educational seminars, participation in trade shows, and industry events as valuable tools for continuous improvement. We also offer:
Professional Licensure and Certification
Reimbursement for the cost of exam prep materials and fees, as well as paid time off for exams. Additionally, DG will pay for your initial registration and annual renewals.
Professional Association Memberships
Active membership in professional trade organizations expands employee knowledge and expertise. Dennis Group offers company paid memberships in approved professional organizations.
If you are based in an office location that requires you to pay for parking, Dennis Group will cover 50% of your monthly parking expense for approved parking facilities. Please see your office administrator if you have any questions about parking.
Credit Card Annual Fee Reimbursement
If your position requires you to travel you may expense one annual fee for a credit card of your choice up to $150. Consult with your supervisor or accounting for details.
Dennis Group provides a $75 reimbursement every two years for safety boots and a $100 reimbursement every two years for prescription safety goggles.